Thursday, March 20, 2008

Love is...

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before how much Josh and I love our morning time snuggles and conversations with Ethan. He always climbs in bed between us and throws an arm around each of us and tells us he loves us. He just melts my heart when he says that to me, his little voice is so sincere. Flashback to yesterday afternoon... he had just given me a hug and told me he loved me. I decided to see if he knew what love was. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know." I told him it was an emotion. And, it was the opposite of not liking something. That's all I said and not another thing was mentioned about it the rest of the day. Back to this morning... after he told us both he loved us I asked him if he could tell Daddy what love was. He jumped out of our bed and ran around to Daddy's side and proudly professed his new found wisdom. "Love is made of mush!" Those were his own words. We started laughing so hard. How cute is that? I then told Josh what I had originally told him the day before. Ethan elaborated by saying "if I don't like it, I spit it out". I just love that little rascal so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment