Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blankie


I always thought it was cute when little kids carried around their favorite blanket or lovey for comfort. Ethan never got attached to anything like that. When Jacob was born I bought two little blanket squares (one incase the other got lost) that were exactly the same and always put one in his crib with him. He'd fall asleep holding either that or his blanket, it didn't matter what blanket, while sucking on his two fingers. Over time, he lost what little interest he had in the little blanket square. I figured he was going to be like his brother. Well, ever since our trip to San Francisco Jacob has been totally obsessed with the blanket we took with us. Even on the trip, if he was even the slightest bit fussy in the car, all I had to do was hand him that blanket. He'd go from crying to laughing and stick those darn two fingers in his mouth. Now I'm wondering what kind of monster I've created. I don't mind if he wants his favorite blanket for bedtime but he wants to walk around the house with it all the time. He even wants to eat with it. The other day he came out to the livingroom and started saying something to me. I have no idea what but it was important. He was pointing in the direction of his bedroom. So, I got up and followed him. He looked back every few steps to make sure I was still behind him. Once we got into his room he went over to his crib, pulled down the crib bumper so he could see and pointed at the blanket at the back of his crib where he couldn't reach it. As soon as I gave it to him, he squeezed it tight, let out this funny little giggle and in went those two little fingers. I got a video of him trying to get it out of his crib today. Listen to how hard he is working to pull it through the crib slats. Don't mind all the crap in his room. There's a mountain of Clothes, toys and baby stuff that he's outgrown overflowing out of the corner next to his crib waiting to go up on Craigslist or in the attic.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments:

Post a Comment