Saturday, May 17, 2008

Jacob's Room

Jacob is 16 1/2 months and I finally got his room all put together. I've had a vision from the beginning but executing it was another story. As I've pulled each piece of baby paraphernalia and bin of Ethan's baby clothes out of the attic I've told myself that when Jacob is done with them I'm going to put them on Craigslist and sell them. So, instead of putting everything back in the attic, I've piled it up in Jacob's room turning it into a closet with a crib in it instead of a cute nursery for my little man to enjoy. I have been successful with selling quite a bit of stuff on Craigslist. But, I'm having a hard time parting with the clothing. Call me sentimental! Anyway, Josh's sister, Lisa, offered to watch the boys this past Thursday so I could clean and organize Jacob's room without kiddie interruptions. I managed to get his entire wardrobe switched out and put away. Now, when Josh goes to get Jacob ready for bed, he's not tripping of laundry baskets or trying to stuff him into 6-12 month pajamas. I packed up 6 bins of clothes and stowed them in the garage until I can come to terms with selling them. The best part is, Jacob really loves his room. I found him in there the other day sitting at the little table doing a puzzle. I still need to finish painting that little shelf that the quilt is hanging from.






No comments:

Post a Comment