Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Kung Fu Kid Moves Up

Ethan earned his next color belt today. He did so well. Each color belt takes them three months on average to earn. Once a month they do what's called a stripe test where they have to do certain kicks and punches they've learned that month and then recite a pledge. Upon completing their stripe test, they get a black stripe at the end of their belt. Upon earning the third stripe, they get the next color belt. Because Ethan is so young, he went four months before earning his yellow belt. I'm not sure what the different stripes mean. If you notice Ethan's is yellow with a white stripe and one of the girls in his class has a white with a yellow stripe. I guess I'll have to ask. After class we surprised him with a new Optimus Prime (That's a Transformer character for those of you without a three year old little boy.) 16" bike. He absolutely loves it.






No comments:

Post a Comment