Sunday, November 1, 2009

No More Two Finger Jake

I noticed the other day that I hadn't seen Jacob sucking his two fingers in a while. He normally sucked his fingers when he was sleepy or when he snuggled his blankies while he was watching TV or riding in the car. So, I started watching to see if it was my imagination or if he had, indeed, given up his cute little habit.

Let me back up just a bit. Last fall, as Cold and Flu season was upon us again, I thought maybe it was time for him to stop sucking his fingers. So, I bought that stuff to paint on his finger nails that was supposed to taste bad and discourage finger sucking or nail biting. The first time I brushed it on his fingers and he stuck them in his mouth, he promptly removed them, made a funny face then put them back in stating that doesn't taste so bad. Little Stinker! Needless to say, that was $5 wasted!

Back to recently... I often snuggle with him at bedtime so I started watching to see if he sucked his fingers to go to sleep. No fingers. I glanced often in the rear view mirror while I was driving. No fingers.

Now maybe his nails will grow on those two fingers.

Bye, Bye Two Finger Jake (nickname courtesy of G'Daddy)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment