Ethan just finished up a week at Vacation Bible School. It was at our church every morning this week from 9am until noon. He was a litte young to understand some of the stuff but he really enjoyed the games and lessons. The first day, Nana Long took him and stayed the whole time since we weren't sure how he would take to it. The second day, I took him and stayed with him. He did great but he kept looking over his shoulder to make sure I was close by. So, by Wednesday, I decided to drop him off and not stay. I thought he would be more independent and try more new things if I wasn't there by his side. My suspicions were right. After he got over not wanting to be left each morning he jumped right in and did all of the activities without any problem. Each day, they focused on a different word or concept, like "helpfulness" or "bravery" or "eternity" and all of the activities including the snack that particular day were based on whatever word they were learning about and how it pertained to God. Overall, I think he really enjoyed himself and it gave us a little glimpse of what preschool will be like this fall, right down to the class picture. The candid shots didn't turn out that well but I wanted to share them anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment